Hi! Today's Basic Training is this cute "ribbon rosette". We all have a bunch of ribbon just waiting to be used! These rosettes are super easy to make, and can be such a cute element on any page!
To get started, you will need:
- Cardstock (any color or scrap will do, it will be covered up)
- Circle punch (I used a 2" circle punch for mine, but any size would work)
- Glue (I use Beacon 3-in-1)
- 24" your choice of ribbon - colored on both sides - (some of my ribbon is colored on one side and white on the other )
I purchased these glubers at Hobby Lobby and paid $4.99 for a package of 12. They are Clear adhesive dots, that are sticky on both sides. They are easy to use, however, pretty costly. Instead, I use my circle punch and glue! :)
1. Punch your circle and coat the top with your glue. I let mine set for a little bit to get a tad dry and tacky.
2. Tie a knot on the end of your ribbon, and push onto the center of your circle.
3. Twist and press the ribbon onto the circle. Keep doing this until you reach the edge.
Voila! You're done, and you have a beautiful rosette to put on your page! You can also add buttons or bling to the center. I added a pearl to the center of mine.
Here is my layout with my newly created rosette: