Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Hump Day !



Hi Bev Code here!


I'm super excited to share a wooden frame that I found. I used gesso to cover the entire frame and gave it a few coats.
Then using stencils and some coloured painted added to yet more gesso. I used a mask to add the fun accents to the board. Because the gesso is so much thicker than the paint the frame has great textured look.


After adding the gesso I decided to let it dry overnight. you shouldn't rush this step.


Here is my finished wooden wall frame... with a great little photo added, lots of fun paper elements, some metal accents and even some gem stones. I also added lots of glossy accents over some of the paper rings and scallop edge to help it adhere it to the frame. 


Up close you can see the glossy look, a 3D flower with a brad and the metal flower and some liquid pearls too. 

Just a few more close ups of all the lots details. 




Thanks for visiting.. 
I enjoyed sharing with you today.

~Bev

6 comments: