Saturday, February 14, 2015

February Basic Training-Inking with Painters Tape

Happy Valentines Day!
Last week for Drill #49 the team shared some Valentines.  Today I would like to show you how I created the background on my card.


I started by choosing 3 Distress Ink colors and grabbed some painters tape.
I used watercolor paper for this technique cut to size before I started inking.


I put my paper on a paper towel in case I over inked.  Tear a piece of tape a bit longer than you paper and drag across you stamp pad.  I went back and pushed it down with my fingers also.


Tape across your paper and push down to spread the ink.  Repeat as many times as you would like.  I chose 3 colors so I have three stripes.


Gently peel back the tape...viola!
Once it dried I stamped my Valentine image of LOVE from Viva Las VegaStamps with archival ink.  I didn't apply even pressure on the stamp because I wanted a vintage look.


May Arts tulle is wrapped around the sentiment.


And the finished product.

As always we really appreciate your visit and look forward to having you back again soon!!
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!


3 comments: