Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Hump Day!!



Happy Hump Day! Lisa Here, It has been so busy around here that I literally missed a day somewhere and didn't realize we were already at Wednesday. Surgeries, MRI's...my son's are keeping me and the medical professionals busy these days. Life hasn't been all bad though. My very good friend Dawn came to visit and brighten my week last week. It was such a welcome distraction in the midst of life that gets overrun with too many things to accomplish and not enough time. Being with Dawn made me think back to how our friendship started. We both moved to Lincoln from Denver around the same time in 2002. It took moving to a whole new place for us to meet even though looking back we had many places and people in common in Denver. Funny how that happens. Our friendship was instantaneous but our time living close together was short lived. They were transferred to a new area only 18 months after we met. Sometimes friendships suffer with distance, but Dawn and I had an incredible connection as did our husbands and kids too. We have made it work even though real life face time is few and far between. Here is a layout I made of Dawn and I just before she moved away.


Hump Day seems like a good day to think about friendships and how much they add to our lives. How about you? Do you have that special friend that can instantly pick you up when you are down, or make you laugh when you just need to? Maybe you should scrap that today. What better way to celebrate a good friend.

Thanks for stopping by today!

~Lisa~

1 comment:

  1. Everyday is a good day to celebrate friends!! I have one of those too! He is now on the other side of the country but all it takes is one word to make me smile. Great layout Lisa!!

    ReplyDelete