Saturday, August 16, 2014

August Basic Training-Gelli Plate Background

Michele here on this fine August Saturday!  Are you having a great summer??  It sure is going by fast...
A while ago I was inspired to make my own gelli plate with Amazing Mold Rubber (see the inspiration here).  I have dabbled a little bit with it but I was browsing you tube and was inspired yet again.

Today I am going to share a quick technique to create a fun background using a gelli plate (either homemade or one you purchased).


You will need a gelli plate, brayer, paint or gesso and some sort of stencil or mask (I used punchinella).


Smear a bit of your medium on the gelli plate.  You should add enough depending on how big of an area you plan to cover.


Use your brayer to evenly spread it around.  I chose to just cover the middle.


Lay your stencil (you can create layers with more than one) and lift off.


You should see your pattern on the gelli plate.


Lay your paper face down, and press with your hand so you pick up an even background.


Carefully peel the paper off and viola!

Check back Wednesday to see the final layout created with this gesso background.  And while you are here check out our first August drill, you have until the end of the month to link up an entry.

1 comment: