Saturday, August 30, 2014

Special Ops August

Summer is winding down and lots of are squeezing in our vacations before school starts up again in a couple of days.  Hey everyone, Michele here for this month's Special Ops and I am going to share a clock I created.  This one is fun because it can sit on a table or hang on a wall...

You'll need a hand drill, a wood 'canvas', clock kit, patterned paper, a background stamp, mod podge, gems, distress stain, acrylic paint, crackle glossy accents, some sort of flat flower die (I used a Tim Holtz die), brads.

 
 Find the center, mark it with a pencil.


 Use your hand drill (with a bit appropriate for the clock kit) and drill a hole all the way through where you marked the center.


 Clean off all the saw dust and stamp with your background stamp and acrylic paint (I used white).


When the paint is dry cover with distress stain (I used Vintage Photo), dab the stain off the paint if you would like more contrast.


Cut a piece of you pattered paper the size of the face, adhere, cut a hole in the center, I did a bit more stamping with distress ink in Vintage Photo and then covered with mod podge.  When the mod podge is dry assemble you clock kit.

Of course now come the fun part!!!  I cut numbers for 12, 3, 6, and 9 o'clock, covered those numbers with crackle glossy accents, inked them up and adhered.  I used gems to mark all the other numbers.


Then I cut a BUNCH of flowers from some Bazzill paper, adhered and VIOLA.


This is a shot of the side, I love the resist created with the paint!!

I use this clock on a table top, it is a perfect home decor piece.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you are enjoying the last couple days of summer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment