Wednesday, September 25, 2013



Happy Hump Day!
Alison Day here and I'm very excited to be bringing you one of our new Hump Day projects for inspiration.
Today I did a quick art journal page for you. What made it quick, you ask? I already had the back ground done so all it needed were my images and writing.
Here's a look at my process.

Step 1: Create your back ground ... or in my case find one already waiting for you to play with! Yippee!!


Step 2 - Paste on some images.

These were sitting on my desk waiting for me to use somewhere. I must have birthdays on my mind (gee, wonder why?) so today the cupcakes were talking to me. :)

Step 3 - Stamp or write your sentiment. I chose to stamp with black Stazon ink. (Does desert have one 's' or two? I can never remember! LOL!)


Step 4 - Add finishing touches and call it done!

It's perhaps a little hard to see in this picture but I sprayed some Heidi Swapp Gold Lame Color Shine through a polka dot template. Love the shine it gives! Then I took a grey green Gelato to the edges to "dirty" them up a bit. 

And that's it! Have you ever tried art journaling? What's your favourite part of the process? I love the freedom I feel to make a mess! If I get paint or ink or glue somewhere that I hadn't intended I don't worry about it. I just make it work - Tim Gunn style! :)

Have a great day everyone! Oh, and if you're wondering about my cryptic party reference, be sure to visit me on my blog as there may just be one going on over there right now!! :)

Thanks for stopping by see you Saturday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment