Saturday, September 27, 2014

Special Ops: Night Light

I recently picked up several unfinshed 12x12 wooden shadow boxes by Art Minds from Michaels.
On the same day I grabbed a Ciao Bella DCWV stack.
The images in this particular stack are so perfect for fussy cutting that it wasn't long before I had decided that I should combine them to make a night light.
 
Supplies:
4 sheets of cardstock...2 with large images, 1 for the back ground, 1 for the stars
2 sheets of acetate
Battery Operated Mini Light Set...15 clear bulbs
Scraps of black cardstock
Staples
Hot Glue
 
First I removed the lid and then painted the inside and outside of the box with black acrylic paint.
For my second step I traced the shape of the lid on to cardstock and punched the inner edges. Using this as a mask I laid it over the lid and rubbed InkaGold around the edge.
 
 
I cut a moon for the upper left corner using two sheets of acetate. Dye ink between the layers and staples on the edges holds the moon together and to the edges of the lid.
 
 
I fussy cut the ship and the owl from different pieces of cardstock. The ship I adhered to the inside ot the lid and the owl to the outside. I used glue dots on the owls head and ears to stabilize both the moon and the owl.
 
 
For the inside of the box I adhered a night sky patterned paper.
I arranged the lights so that 5 bulbs hung down. The others I removed. I used 1/2 inch circles and hot glue to attach the wires to the edge of the box. The battery pack I left loose so the batteries can be changed.
I punched 10 stars using {THIS} method, adhered them in sets, and slipped each one over the edge of a bulb.
 
I reassembled the box and was ecstatic with the results!!!
 
Check my blog Scrappin' Chaos for a list of supplies used and instructions for the stars.
 
Scrap On!
 
~charity~
 


 

1 comment: